Tax Information

Tax Information

Address change reminder for tax documents

Each year the State Controller’s Office (SCO) mails W2 forms to the address of record for state employees. If your current address is different than what was printed on your October 2019 Pay Period Statement of Earning or your home address has changed this year, it is important to change your address of record so that your 2019 W2 form is mailed to the correct address. The deadline for submitting address changes is Friday, Dec. 13.

For ways to update your address, click HERE.

W-2 Form

Students that receive a paycheck for their scholarship will receive a W-2 form each January. If you move, you should update your address with HR by early December. If you need to order a replacement W-2 form click HERE

1098-T Form

Students that receive a stipend for their scholarship can access a 1098-T form starting each January. To access the 1098-T form click HERE.

Do students need to pay taxes on their scholarships or fellowships?

The SEO Office cannot give tax advice. Below are links to general IRS information about scholarship and fellowship funding. Also, you can consult a tax professional regarding your specific situation.