Please note: Funded students should cite their fellowship grant numbers on posters and in publications. See the instructions below.
NIH Public Access Policy
Effective April 7, 2008, under a new federal law, NIH requires that the author's final version of any peer-reviewed journal article resulting from NIH-funded activities MUST be submitted to the PubMed Central (PMCID) repository, where it will be made available to the public within 12 months after the journal article is published. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the SEO Office before your publication goes to press.
- NIH Public Access Policy website
- Public Access Policy FAQs
- Journals that systematically submit articles to PubMed Central
Sample wording from the NIH for publishers that do not automatically grant open access for the journal articles:
“The Journal acknowledges that the Author retains the right to provide a copy of the final peer-reviewed manuscript to the NIH upon acceptance for Journal publication, for public archiving in PubMed Central as soon as possible but no later than 12 months after publication by Journal.”
Select recent publications by SF State, funded students
- "Central Neural Alterations Predominate in an Insect Model of Nociceptive Sensitization." Dennis R Tabuena, Allan Solis, Ken Geraldi, Christopher A Moffatt, Megumi Fuse. J Comp Neurol. 2017 Apr 1; 525(5): 1176–1191.
- "Diverse modes of reactivity of 6-(chloromethyl)-6-methylfulvene." Erden I, Gronert S, Cabrera G, Coskun N, Tapken M. European J Org Chem. 2017 May 26;2017(20):2925-2931.
"The endoplasmic reticulum is partitioned asymmetrically during mitosis before cell fate selection in proneuronal cells in the early Drosophila embryo." Eritano AS, Altamirano A, Beyeler S, Gaytan N, Velasquez M, Riggs B. Mol Biol Cell. 2017 Jun 1;28(11):1530-1538.