Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) requirements
All SEO scholars are trained in the responsible conduct of research.
For NSF scholarships the students have to complete a CITI training certificate and submit it to ORSP within the first month and then participate in RCR training throughout the year.
For NIH and privately-funded scholarships the RCR training occurs throughout the year and the RCR Taining Forms are due to ORSP in the spring.
If you have questions about RCR training for your student, please contact the SEO Office.
- ORSP Responsible Conduct of Research website
- CITI Responsible Conduct of Research training website Registration Instructions
- ORSP RCR Certification form
- ORSP RCR Proof of Training submission form (Portal)
Supplemental Instruction (SCI Courses)
SCI courses are small 1-unit classes that meet once per week for an hour and 40 minutes. Students work in small groups on practice problems and activities to support their learning in the parent course. There are no exams or homework in a SCI course: grades are based on class participation and in-class activities.
Student Short Term Loan
The purpose of the Short Term Loan Program is to assist registered students with unanticipated, school-related expenses. Loans are not available for payment of registration fees. All loans are subject to the availability of funds.
SF State Basic Needs Initiative
Basic needs in the higher education setting refers to those things that are necessary for students to be active and engaged learners, with an equitable opportunity for full participation in curricular and co-curricular offerings of the University.
SF State Library Loans Laptops
- The SF State Library has long-term loaner laptops for students - mostly PCs. See more information HERE
SF State One Card/Gator Pass
Your OneCard/ Gator Pass functions as your identification card for our University. It can be used in the University for the Following Services:
- Photo ID card
- Library card
- Print/Copy card
- Declining Balance card
- Access card
- Meal Plan card
- OneCard is also a Clipper card. Clipper is the all-in-one transit card for the Bay Area. It can hold all transit passes, such as the SF University Pass for Muni, Higher Ed discount product for BART or other products for all major Bay Area transit systems.
SF State Summer Science Coding Immersion Program (SCIP)
- Information about the SF State Summer Science Coding Immersion Program for SEO scholars Here
Summer Research Programs
- Institute for Broadening Participation list of summer research experiences HERE
- NIH list of funded institutions with Summer Research Programs HERE