For Graduate students in Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Computer Science, Math and Physics.
Purpose: To support students from underrepresented groups, first generation college students, and students with disabilities for biomedical careers by providing academic support and a stimulating research experience. The goal of the program is to prepare each participant for entrance into a competitive graduate program and successful completion of a PhD in the biomedical or physical sciences, or an MD, DDS and DVM degree.
- $21,000/year plus in-state tuition
- Weekly Colloquium
- Summer and Academic year research
- Graduate placement activities
- Travel to a major scientific meeting to share research results
Must be a SF State student (or are currently applying to become one)
Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA
Must commit to research for two years
All applications require the following:
- Apply to SF State University, if you have not already done so. Find CSU/University application information HERE.
- Apply to the College of Science and Engineering. More information HERE.
For the admissions qualifications to the Biology Department, see the Biology graduate programs website HERE.
For the admissions qualifications to the Chemistry & Biochemistry Department, see the Chemistry graduate programs website HERE.
- The application deadline was 3/15/21. For more information about our fellowships, you can submit an Applicant Profile throughout the year: HERE
You can upload the following items with the online application or email them directly to email@example.com:
- Statement of Purpose describing your educational goals, career goals and interest in science. Also describe how participation in the SEO programs will benefit your future goals.
- All Science Transcript Form HERE - or you can submit the same form used for the Biology Department graduate program application HERE. Complete the form by listing all college-level science courses, the grade you received, and the institution where taken. There is also an online GPA calculator with examples HERE. Save the form to your computer first before you complete it to make sure that the data saves.
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation (or up to three) sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage you to apply on-line, however if you are unable to do so please contact the SEO Office for an alternate, paper application packet.