Scholars are encouraged to attend a professional scientific conference or meeting and present their research. Approval for travel is conditional and requires the scholarship director's prior consent.
- SF State Request for Authorization to Travel (RAT)
- Release of Liability for Travel
- Certification of Non-Original or Electronic Receipts for Travel
- Free Poster printing through the Biology Department printer (Currently located on HH 2nd floor - borrow the key from the Biology Stockroom)
- Poster printing in the Cesar Chavez Student Union, Ctrl+P Print Shop (Room M110)
- Poster printing flyer from Ctrl+P 2019
- Poster printing though the SF State Library Digital Media Studio/Maker Space (Lib 280)
- Poster printing through OfficeMax Impress on Geary Blvd. at Arguello Blvd.
- Poster printing flyer from OfficeMax Impress 2019
- Abstract tips: Here and Poster Making Tips: Here and Here
- Citing SF State grant numbers in papers and posters
Sample Conferences that SEO Scholars Have Attended
- SF State COSE Student Project Showcase
- California State University Program for Education and Research in Biotechnology (CSUPERB) Symposium
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Chemical Society Meeting
- American Society for Cell Biology
Other Sources of Funding for Travel
- Check to see if the conference or meeting has a travel scholarship for which you can apply. Some conferences restrict your eligibility for a travel scholarship if you are already funded by an NIH grant.
- Check out the CSUPERB Student Travel Grant Program with deadlines in the Fall and Spring.
- Watch for the COSE Dean's Office IRA Travel Award application with a deadline in September of each year.