7/10/20 - Update from Professor Megumi Fuse, SEO Director, regarding student travel to conferences this fall: HERE
Scholars are encouraged to present their research at a professional scientific conference or meeting each year. Approval for travel funds is conditional and requires the scholarship director's prior consent. Scholars need to request the funds for travel at least 30 days ahead of time.
- Student Conference Request Form for virtual conferences and meetings
- Travel Request Form for Student Training Programs (For non-COVID-19 times)
- Technology Acquisition Review (TAR) form for "attending" a virtual conference
- SF State Request for Authorization to Travel (RAT)
- Release of Liability for Travel
- Certification of Non-Original or Electronic Receipts for Travel
or for Genentech Foundation Scholars
Poster Printing Information
- Free Poster printing through the Biology Department printer (Currently located on HH 2nd floor - borrow the key from the Biology Stockroom)
- Poster printing in the Cesar Chavez Student Union, Ctrl+P Print Shop (Room M110)
- Poster printing flyer from Ctrl+P 2019
- Poster printing though the SF State Library Digital Media Studio/Maker Space (Lib 280)
- Poster printing through OfficeMax Impress on Geary Blvd. at Arguello Blvd.
- Poster printing flyer from OfficeMax Impress 2019
- Poster making tips: HERE and tips for abstracts, posters and getting the most out of a professional, scientific meeting: HERE
- Citing grant numbers in papers and posters HERE
Sample Conferences for SEO Scholars
- SF State COSE Student Project Showcase
- California State University Program for Education and Research in Biotechnology (CSUPERB) Symposium
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Chemical Society Meeting
- American Society for Cell Biology
Other Sources of Funding for Travel
- Check to see if the conference or meeting has a travel scholarship for which you can apply. Some conferences restrict your eligibility for a travel scholarship if you are already funded by an NIH grant.
- Check out the CSUPERB Student Travel Grant Program with deadlines in the Fall and Spring.
- Watch for the COSE Dean's Office IRA Travel Award application with a deadline in September of each year.