Applications are Due April 15, 2020. See the Beckman Scholars flyer HERE.
Purpose: The Beckman Scholars Program provides scholarships to advance the education, research training and personal development of outstanding students (Junior/Senior level) majoring in chemistry, biochemistry and/or the biological sciences.
To apply for the scholarship, you need the following: commit to conducting research for two summers and the full academic year; plan to pursue an advanced degree (preferably a Ph.D.); have a GPA ≥ 3.5; be US citizen or permanent resident; and have excellent communication skills and leadership ambitions.
Application Procedure, submit the below items to the SEO Office:
- Beckman Applicant Profile HERE
"Statement of Purpose" (two pages) describing your career goals as well as your interests and ambitions to conduct research, and/or your research experience and accomplishments
Statement (one page) of Dr. Beckman’s contributions to science and their impacts
- Unofficial copies of your transcript(s)
- All Science Transcript Form HERE
- Three letters of recommendations emailed to email@example.com that address:
- Your potential and desire for graduate study and for a science/biomedical science career
- Your written and oral communication skills
For a list of the current Beckman Scholars Program research mentors click HERE.
For more information about the Beckman Foundation, click HERE.
Direct questions about the Beckman Scholar Program to Professor Weiming Wu, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-338-1436.