For Graduate students in Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry.
UCSF website: http://ccc.ucsf.edu/
Purpose: To prepare students from underrepresented groups (African-American, Native American, Hispanic American and Pacific Islanders) and students with disabilities for biomedical careers by providing academic support and a stimulating research experience. The goal of the program is to prepare each participant for entrance into a competitive graduate program and successful completion of a PhD in the biomedical sciences.
- $21,000/year plus in-state tuition
- Summer and Academic year research
- Graduate placement activities
- Travel to a major scientific meeting to share research results
Must be a SF State student (or are currently applying to become one)
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Must commit to research for one year or more
All applications require the following:
- Apply to SF State University, if you have not already done so. Find CSU/University application information HERE.
- Apply to the College of Science and Engineering, Biology or Chemistry & Biochemistry department. More information HERE.
For the admission qualifications to the Biology Department, see the graduate programs website HERE.
For admission qualifications to the Chemistry and Biochemsitry Department, see the gradaute programs website HERE.
- Interested applicants should apply using the RISE Graduate application HERE.
The application deadline was 3/15/21. For more information about our fellowships, you can submit an Applicant Profile throughout the year: HERE
We strongly encourage you to apply on-line, however if you are unable to do so please contact the SEO Office for an alternate, paper application packet.