The 2018-19 Beckman Scholarship deadline is coming soon.
Purpose: The Beckman Scholars Program provides scholarships to advance the education, research training and personal development of outstanding students (Sophomore/Junior level) majoring in chemistry, biochemistry and/or the biological sciences.
To apply for the scholarship, you need the following: commit to conducting research for two summers and the full academic years; plan to pursue an advanced degree (preferably a Ph.D.); have a GPA ≥ 3.5; be US citizen or permanent resident; and have excellent communication skills and leadership ambitions.
Application Procedure, submit the below items to the SEO Office:
- Beckman Applicant Profile
"Statement of Purpose" (two pages) describing your career goals as well as your interests and ambitions to conduct research, and/or your research experience and accomplishments
Statement (one page) of Dr. Beckman’s contributions to science and their impacts
- Unofficial copies of your transcript(s)
- All Science Transcript Form
- Three letters of recommendations that address:
- Your potential and desire for graduate study and for a science/biomedical science career
- Your written and oral communication skills
Direct questions about the Beckman Scholar Program to Professor Uschi Simonis, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, TH 111A, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-338-1656.