UCSF website: http://ccc.ucsf.edu/
Purpose: To prepare students from underrepresented groups (African-American, Native American, Hispanic American and Pacific Islanders) and students with disabilities for biomedical careers by providing academic support and a stimulating research experience. The goal of the program is to prepare each participant for entrance into a competitive graduate program and successful completion of a PhD in the biomedical sciences.
- $21,000/year plus in-state tuition
- Summer and Academic year research
- Graduate placement activities
- Travel to a major scientific meeting to share research results
Must be a SF State student (or have applied to become one)
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Must commit to research for one year or more
All applicants are required to submit the following:
- Online Application here
- Statement of Purpose describing your educational goals, career goals and interest in science. Also describe how participation in the SEO programs will benefit your future goals. (This is required to complete the online application.)
- All Science Transcript Form (here) - or you can submit the same form used for the Biology Department graduate program application (here). Complete the form by listing all college-level science courses, the grade you received, and the institution where taken.
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation. Download the SEO Recommendation Form as a PDF (here) and as a Word document (here). Please have two (or up to three) recommenders send the recommendations directly to email@example.com.
We strongly encourage you to apply on-line, however if you are unable to do so please contact the SEO Office for an alternate, paper application packet.